Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Thunderbird Turbocoupe Sal

It's my turn

(Continued from the previous episode )

So without a second thought ...
1. John IRVING: Because this is my first literary love teenage ... The first author who made me want to devour all his work.
2. Jean Racine, okay, it's a bit pompous coming from a French teacher. But it happens that I'm seeing Berenice with my students and I was touched again by rereading his Alexandrian.
3. Siri Hustvedt: Xavier aka Consonant Auster has already cited. So as not to repeat, I chose his wife as much as I like. And as I am the female part of our duo, I chose the feminine side of them.
4. Jonathan Coe: What can I say but I love it, I expect each of his books with fervor, he never disappoints me.
5. Jean Cocteau: because I spent my graduate studies at the Orpheus and that of Anouilh. How could I forget ...
6. Henning Mankell: one who persuaded me that crime fiction was often of high quality. Since I read all (or most) of it, police or not. It seems he has done with the Inspector Wallander ... I dare not even think about it.
7. Nancy Huston: it made me cry hot tears in his last two novels. What writing! What a woman!
8. Philip Roth: an incredible mastery of writing and analysis extraordinarily fine in his country the United States. Voiced but you had already said that I loved her ... no?
9. Emile Zola: I love teaching the cycle of Rougon-Macquart. What literary enterprise!
10. Margaret Atwood: poignant stories of women and always fair, it undertakes to tell us the last century or she embarks on the science fiction novel.
11. Gabriel Garcia Marquez: I already loved Love in the Time of Cholera . But Hundred Years of Solitude gave me, a teenager, a passion for great family saga.
12. Harry Mulisch: I know that Xavier / Voiced already cited but The Discovery of Heaven is probably the novel that I would take on a desert island.
13. Rene GOSCINNY: because I love Le petit Nicolas. One of the books the most poetic and funny world. Especially illustrated by Sempé.
14. Haruki Murakami: for his dream and his poetry (yet).
15. Jonathan Safran Foer and his wife Nicole Krauss: both can make us laugh and cry almost at the same time.
I'm sure in an hour, I'll think of plenty of writers that I should absolutely put on this list. I'll try to remember it for next time?

0 comments:

Post a Comment